Our database helps private equity firms:
- Understand market dynamics in competitive sale processes
- Gain an authoritative third-party perspective with regard to sellers, investors and accounting needs
- Evaluate and manage proposals
- More knowledgeably discuss value
- Refine modeling assumptions (e.g., assumed exit multiples)
- Dissect decisions for internal discussion and analysis
GF Data also provides better benchmarks for meeting the Fair Value Measurement standards enacted in FASB Statement No.157 that directs PE firms and others to use fair value measurement in their accounting for fiscal years and interim periods beginning after November 15, 2007. The Private Equity Investment Guidelines Group (PEIGG) and the CFA Institute have endorsed the fair value approach as well.
Important note: Private equity firms active in the GF Data deal range of $10 million to $500 million must provide data on completed acquisitions in order to subscribe. PE data providers receive a discounted rate.